Registered Clinical Counsellor with M.A. (CYC)
A Brief Introduction
- M.A. (CYC)
- Registered Clinical Counsellor
Areas of specialization:
- Anxiety and depression
- Dissociation and interpersonal trauma (emotional, physical or sexual abuse)
- Gender-based body image and identity struggles
- Supporting gender variant and transgender youth and their families
- Training in the following modalities
- Mindfulness-based practice
- Body-centred therapy
- Trauma-focused CBT
- Response-based Therapy
- Expressive therapies (art, play and sand)
- Nature-based therapy
I have almost twenty years of experience helping children, youth, women and young men to move forward in their lives with agency and autonomy. My approach is pragmatic and responsive, relational and trauma-informed with a grounded, ongoing commitment to developing cultural agility and humility and promoting just and caring interpersonal relationships for everyone.
Relationship and safety are two core concepts that guide my approach to practice.
A grounded understanding in the neurobiology of development and trauma, the role of attachment experiences, a developmental view, as well as contextual factors (we are all embedded in families and communities) and a belief in the body’s inherent capacity for healing help inform my assessment and interventions.
“I am here to support you on your journey of healing or self-exploration.”
Johanne Saraceno, RCC